CG Kids is the Children’s Ministry at Common Grace uniquely designed to fit our values. We believe children are a vital part of our faith community and we want them to experience God and worship in the way they learn – through their senses.
Get your Family Discovery Kit!
WORSHIP @ HOME
While we are not meeting in person during the COVID-19 health crisis, we’re still committed to providing the same level of quality and practical programming to help your kids grow in their faith formation. We hope you’ll make all of these items work for you and your family. Here’s what you’ll find below:
- Worship and Bible Story Videos (Early Childhood: Preschool Experience, K-3rd Grade: Kids Experience, 4th-5th Grade: Preteen Experience.
- Parent Guide that coordinates with Worship and Bible Story Videos to help your family learn together the lesson of the week.
- Elementary God Time Cards: Devotionals kids can do that will reinforce the content from Worship and Bible Story Videos and Parent Guides.
- Preschool Place Mats: This printable placemat is designed to sit on the table all month long. These give parents easy access to this month’s bottom line as well as questions to ask each week and hand motions to the Bible verse.
In addition to that, we hope you’ll stay connected with us through the week on Zoom. For Zoom Links and more information, request to join Grace Kids Private Facebook Group Here or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday Live (Large Group experience with leaders). Early Childhood every Sunday 10:20 a.m. and Elementary 12:00 p.m.
- Pj’s and Pals (Early Childhood). Every Wednesday 6:30 p.m.
- Lunch Bunch (Elementary) Every Thursday 12 p.m.
- Parent Connect (Parents) Every Thursday 9 p.m.
- Friday Night Live (4th and 5th Graders) Every Friday 7 p.m.
If you have any questions at all, please e-mail Mona Candea, email@example.com
WORSHIP AND BIBLE STORY VIDEO:
- Video: https://vimeo.com/showcase/7146783
- God time May 24: 2005GTK1ColorW4, 2005GTPreteenColorW4, 2005GT23ColorW4
- Elementary God Time Card Links: https://bit.ly/2W7T3B8
- Early Childhood Mat: https://thnkor.ng/2y9U3vy
- Bible and Worship Stories: https://vimeo.com/showcase/7095255
Tips to Worship @ Home:
- On Saturday night, find the resources for your Worship @ Home experience. (Here, on our Facebook Page (Link to Grace Kids Facebook Page), and/or through our Grace Kids E-mail). To be added to our weekly e-mail list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Sundays, join us for Live Worship here and watch as a family.
- Following Live Worship, choose a time to continue the Worship @ Home time with your family.
- If you have kids in both age groups (Early Childhood and Elementary), decide as a family which one to do now and choose a time later in the day or week to do the other age group together.
- Use the Parent Guides to tie the whole Worship together as you do the activities, Worship, and Bible Story Video and prayer time in the end.
We intentionally keep children in the beginning part of worship so that they may begin to learn, through sight, sound, taste and feelings, the worship experiences of music, prayer and communion. We want our children to know they have a place where they can experience God’s unconditional love and belonging in the faith community.
We also know fun and activities with age appropriate messaging are an important element to growing a child’s personal faith. Before the sermon begins, we dismiss kids from worship to our kid’s rooms where they will experience practical content and applications relevant to each phase of a kid’s life.
Our Early Childhood room (birth through pre-kindergarten) is dedicated to teaching our preschoolers three simple, but power truths: God Made Me, God Loves Me and Jesus Wants To Be My Friend Forever. Activities for all learning styles are in place each Sunday to meet preschoolers where there are cognitively, spiritually, physically and socially in order to introduce them to a great big God who loves them unconditionally.
In our Elementary Room (Kindergarten – 5th grade) we want our children to grow in wisdom, faith and friendship. Through a variety of activities and discussions we want our children to graduate to middle school with these truths in their heart: I need to make the wise choice. (Wisdom); I can trust God no matter what. (Faith) and I should treat others the way I want to be treated. (Friendship)
Nursery care is always available for children birth through two throughout the entire service.
How to participate
Ready to join the fun!? When you walk into our building, look for the CG Kids Check-In Station to the left of the lobby. We will meet your family and check your child into our database system. We will ask for the following personal information: family members’ names, children’s names and birthdates, address, phone number, and any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for your child. This information will never be used for anything other than to keep your child safe and to, on occasion, inform you of age-related activities and events you may be interested in.
The information in our database will then allow us to print a tag with your child’s name and a matching identification tag for you that is exclusive to your family and your visit. Your child will need to wear the name tag portion while in CG Kids care while you keep the matching tag. After the service, you will return to your child’s room and show your tag for your child to be released back to you. The safety and security of your child is of utmost importance to us. In addition to our security tag system, all our CG Kids staff and volunteers are background checked and trained.
Lastly, as a parent, we know you have more influence in the life of your child than we do. So we want to come along aside you and provide you “cues” to make the most of the weeks you have with your child before graduation. Please download the Parent Cue App here or find it in your App Store. This will help you guide conversations with your kids throughout the week that encourage them according to what they are learning in CG Kids Ministry! Watch this video to learn how to set up your Parent Cue App. Look for our church by entering the info “Grace UMC” in Olathe.
We can’t wait to meet your family and get to know who you are! Questions? Contact Stacy Guerrero, Director of Next Gen Ministries: email@example.com
See the Grace Kids Facebook page to see what kids are learning!
You may also be interested in the Kid’s Place at Grace (preschool) Facebook page.